Recipe by Adrian Richardson
Serves 3 - 6
6 x large chicken thighs with the skin left on
3-6 banana leaves (depending on desired servings)
Mixed herbs for garnishing
1 small red chilli, sliced
1 large knob of ginger, grated
2 long red chillies, sliced
2 tbsp AYAM™ Rendang Curry Paste
4 tbsp AYAM™ Curry Powder
½ cup coriander, chopped
½ cup spring onion, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Coconut Steamed Rice
2 cups jasmine rice
1 ¾ cups AYAM™ Coconut Milk
1 ¾ cups water
In a large bowl mix together the marinade ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the marinade mix over chicken until evenly spread.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ, turning frequently to ensure it’s cooked through evenly.
- Once the chicken has cooked and rested, serve on a fresh banana leaf with a serve of coconut steamed rice.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, chilli and lime.
- Bring coconut milk and water to boil.
- Stir in the rice with salt and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes on low heat until liquid has been absorbed.
- Stand aside for 5 minutes, covered to cool.