Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins
- 50g dry chilli, softened with hot water
- 100g shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 150ml corn or sunflower oil
- 2 cans Flakes Spicy Tuna in Olive Oil (with oil)
- Sugar and fish sauce to taste
- Blend all ingredients, except tuna, in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry blended ingredients over medium heat for 15 minutes then add in tuna to fry. Season to taste with sugar and fish sauce. Continue frying until sambal is slightly dry.
- Serve with hot steamed rice or use it as sandwich filling or as a base for stir fries.
Tip: Sambal can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.