Recipe by Georgia Barnes
4 salmon fillets, skin on
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups jasmine rice
1 ¾ cups water
AYAM™ Coconut Milk 400mL
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
1 large continental cucumber
¼ red onion, finely sliced
1 large bunch coriander
1 tbsp AYAM™ Sambal Paste
2 limes, juiced
4 tbsp AYAM™ Fish Sauce
4 tsp caster sugar
Fried shallots to serve
Place a large frypan over medium-high heat. Dry salmon skin well with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to pan. Place salmon skin side down, pressing down on each fillet to ensure skin is flat against the base of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest.
- Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice, water, coconut milk, garlic and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Stand aside for 5 minutes covered to cool.
- Cut cucumber in half and remove seeds from the centre with a spoon. Finely slice and add to a bowl with onion and coriander.
- In a small bowl mix together sambal, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Pour over cucumber and toss to combine.
- Place a generous spoonful of coconut rice on each plate. Top with salmon and cucumber salad. Garnish with fried shallots. Serve warm.