1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 jar AYAM™ Rendang Curry Paste 185g
700g rump steak, diced into 2cm cubes
1 can AYAM™ Coconut Milk 270ml
Toasted shredded coconut, to garnish
1. Heat oil in a large wok over medium high heat.
2. Add curry paste and stir until warmed and fragrant. Add beef and toss through paste.
3. Pour in coconut milk and stir until combined.
4. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and sauce is thick. Add 1/2 cup water if sauce becomes too dry.
5. Serve with steamed rice. Garnish with toasted coconut.
A few hints: If using chuck steak or gravy beef, increase cooking time by 30 minutes and add another 1/2 cup of water if sauce becomes too dry and begins to stick to the pan.